What is a plumbing maintenance plan? When everything is going well, we don’t notice any potential plumbing or gas problems however, similar to your quarterly car service a plumbing maintenance plan for your household plumbing and gas is paramount in preventing any costly surprises in the future.
When it comes to plumbing, there are few handy tips that you can keep in mind daily to identify (and prevent) larger issues;
- Be aware of smells – foul smells can be a clear indicator of a blockage in your drains, sewer damage and if you notice a change of smell around your gas appliances can be an indicator of a gas leak.
- Be careful of what goes down your drains – food scraps, creams and milk, oils and grease, ‘flushable items’, sanitary items should all be disposed of properly. Not only can these items block your drain but may also cause ongoing damage to your drain system.
- Pay attention to your water pressure – if you notice a change in your water pressure this could be an indication of a water leak. A leak will divert water and reduce the amount of water pressure going to your shower when you need it.
- Take note of your water bill – if your water bill is looking a little higher than usual, take note of your water usage. If your usage has been consistent over the billing period in comparison to previous billing periods you may have a water leak.
How can a maintenance plan help with this?
We encourage the following maintenance schedule to ensure the longevity of your plumbing and gas systems;
- Be Aware
Pay attention to the above 4 points, if you notice anything out of the usual contact your plumber to book in an investigation
- Drain Clean and Inspection
Book in a quarterly drain clean and inspection. This will assist in ensuring your drains remain clear, free from foul smells and will protect your drain from damage.
There are some things we cannot see and we recommend annual inspection
- Carbon Monoxide Testing
Carbon monoxide is also known as the ‘silent killer’ it is both odourless and not visible, therefore we recommend annual testing which we complete as part of our full gas service.
- CCTV Drain Inspection
CCTV Drain Inspection will allow us to check the health of your drains and sewer system. The best part is we provide you with a copy of the live feed so we are able to compare the health of your drains every 12 months.
- Tap servicing
Each year we recommend organising a plumber to check any drips or leaks in your tapware, this will not only prevent damage to the area but also give you peace of mind and reduce those unwanted emergencies throughout the year.
Click here to contact Blocked Drain Services Statewide to implement your Plumbing & Gas Maintenance Plan
Always remember, ensure you use a qualified and licensed plumber and gas fitter for all of your plumbing and gas needs.